APS COVID-19 Family Attestation
Andover Public Schools is taking every precaution to keep staff and students safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Keeping children home when sick will be extremely important to manage virus transmission within the buildings and reporting any illness will assist the district in making informed decisions about possible school closures.
Parents/ Guardians are requested to complete the following:
Check each child every morning for any of the COVID-19 symptoms before they come to school.
Keep children home from school until you can provide documentation that indicates they are safe to return to school. (Documentation must be provided by a physician, local health authority or contact tracing organization)
Provide current emergency contact information, including emergency contacts who can pick up a student who is ill from school within 30-60 minutes.
Regular hand washing breaks will take place regularly throughout the day. Hand sanitizer will also be available for use. If you do not wish your child to use hand sanitizer, please provide written documentation to your school nurse to exclude your child from using hand sanitizer before the first day of school.
Ensure each child in grades KG thru 12 has received a flu vaccine for the current school year by December 31st 2020 regardless of remote or hybrid enrollment.
All children entering school must be immunized according to the current Massachusetts Immunization Schedule regardless of remote or hybrid enrollment. https://apply.longy.edu/mass_immunization_requirements.pdf
Symptoms to check for are:
- Fever (100.00° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
- Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Headache when in combination with other symptoms
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies) when in combination with other symptoms
If any of the above symptoms are present - your child must stay home from school and seen by their physician’s office.