Learning Innovations Team
The APS Office of Ingenuity hosts the Learning Innovations team and comprises the school library media teachers, the Digital Learning Coaches and the AHS digital Learning Innovations Department. The focus of Learning Innovation is teaching and learning.
Digital Learning Coaches
Digital Learning Coaches, (DLCs), focus on improving student learning through instructional models which intentionally and innovatively use technology. DLCs work with APS teachers around this powerful approach which help increase a teacher’s ability to differentiate, better address student learning needs, increase student engagement, and allow students to drive their own learning. The support provided by the Digital Learning Coaches will increase collaboration, creativity, and productivity of students and teachers and help to develop agency and independence in order to support lifelong learners.
School Library Teachers, Future Ready Libraries = Future Ready Schools
The School Library Program is staffed by professional certified Library Teachers at each school. They support all learners to develop literacy, literature, research, information, and technology skills. They promote and advance the use of print and digital resources to support, enhance, and extend classroom curriculum. In addition to teaching, Library Teachers manage the school libraries, including such tasks as scheduling space, maintaining the collection, selecting and purchasing materials, and managing volunteers. This results in school libraries that are hubs of activity and teaching and learning within each of our schools.
AHS digital Learning Innovation Department
The digital Learning Innovations at AHS offers students (and faculty) a wide range of resources, classes, and shared spaces to explore, collaborate, and create. The Learning Innovations faculty offer classes in Global Business, and Video-Media Communications, Research and Design/Engineering, and Digital Information Systems/Computer Science. Our work is housed in the AHS library which includes thousands of print and digital texts, along with our IDEAStudio (fabrication space), the Robotics club, the advanced research CAPStone projects, The Portal Project, and the Global Pathways Scholars program.
Our Library program expands and enriches students' lives through literature and art from diverse cultures and times. Balanced information, excellent writing, multicultural perspectives, and different genres help shape our library resource selection.
The digital Learning Innovation programs offer a wealth of learning experiences and resources to help develop independent, self-motivated, disciplined learners and agile thinkers who use critical and creative design thinking skills to find, analyze, and evaluate information, recognize problems, ask important questions, and reach creative solutions.
Director of Strategic Innovation
Shelagh St. Laurent, Program Coordinator, Learning Innovations, PK-12
Matt Hall, Instructional Applications Specialist, PK-12
Rebecca D'alise, Capstone Program Coordinator, PK-12, AHS Faculty
Jamie Kaplan, Library Team Leader, PK-12, Librarian, West Elementary Library
Andover High School
- John Berube, Library Teacher, Andover High School Library / Digital Learning Commons
- Daniel Brennan, Video/Media Production Teacher
- Mary Coombs, Library Teacher
- Ashley Kinsman, Global Business Solutions, Faculty
- Michael Messina, Global Business Solutions,
- Karen Stevens, Global Business Solutions, Faculty Teacher
Doherty Middle School
- Elyse Caruso, Library Teacher
- Barbara Murray, Digital Learning Coach Doherty Digital Learning Commons
West Middle School
- Shelley Porter, Library Teacher WMS Library & Digital Learning
Wood Hill Middle School
- Sarah Downs, Library Teacher, The Hub
Bancroft Elementary Schools
- Nancy Snow, Library Teacher, Bancroft School Library
- Jodi Slomsky, Library Teacher (PT)
- Tim Harkins, Digital Learning Coach, Bancroft Digital Learning
High Plain Elementary School
- Abby Gilbert, Librarian, High Plain Library
- Jen Sands, Instructional Designer, Digital Learning Coach, HPE Digital Learning
Sanborn Elementary School
- Lisa Cremin, Library,Teacher Sanborn Library
- Ann Bodian, Digital Learning Coach, Sanborn Digital Learning
South Elementary School
- Julianne Toomey-Kautz, Library Teacher, South Library
- Lisa Cremin, Library Teacher (PT)
- Beth Kennedy, Digital Learning Coach
West Elementary School
- Jamie Kaplan, Library Team Leader, PK-12, Librarian West Elementary Library
- Jodi Slomsky, Library Teacher (PT)
- Kathy Fowler, Digital Learning Coach