55 Woburn St.
Ph: (978) 247-9800
Attendance Line: (978) 247-9801
Fax: (978) 247-9890
Monday - Friday
8:45 am - 3:30 pm
On behalf of the students, faculty, and support staff, I welcome you to the South School website! I am confident that you will find the information posted here to be useful and that you will learn more about our school programs and services.
South School serves over 500 students attending kindergarten through grade five. Our facility includes a wonderful media center, the hub of our students’ research projects and activities, and twenty-four digitally-capable classrooms. In addition, we have space devoted for art, music, physical education, guidance, reading, and resource programs.
Our collaborate efforts to offer the best possible conditions for optimal student achievement include the following highlights:
• The adoption of a tiered balanced literacy model with an emphasis on small group guided reading instruction, language development, and various genres of writing
• With problem-solving as the center of math learning the implementation of a Math in Focus
Singapore-based curriculum at all grade levels
• The adoption of a hands-on, inquiry based Foss
• The implementation of a pro-social skills program, Open Circle
, that addresses character and citizenship
• An inclusion model for special education students
• Digital learning across all content areas
• An active and supportive Parent Teacher Organization that provides many enrichment opportunities to enhance our curriculum
• Co-curricular and extra-curricular experiences that include student councils-(spirit, student issues, and community service committees), chorus, band, strings, South Side Singers, homework helpers, Math Olympiads, and the ever progressive Go Green committee
Our mission is to promote “life long” learning habits in all of our students. As a team of parents and staff working collaboratively to provide opportunities for students to grow and learn through experience, we expect our students to continually improve as individuals and collectively, make positive contributions to their school and the community at large.
We welcome you to come visit us and experience for yourself the many wonderful ways that South School makes a difference! If you would like to contact us by Email
, or by phone, (978-247-9800), please feel free to do so.