Rita Casper, RN, MBA
Director of Nurses
36R Bartlet St.
Ph: (978) 247-7042
Fax: (978) 247-7093
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Nursing Department of Andover Public Schools considers the health, wellness, and safety of our students and staff to be our highest priority. Our nursing staff is here to assist all students with health care needs so that they can participate in all aspects of academic life and experience a rich learning environment regardless of their health or physical limitations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The nurse acts as the school coordinator of all school health programs in the following manner:
- Providing nursing care for all students and staff
- Providing health education to students, staff, and parents
- Promoting physical education, healthy policies, and practices
- Assessing mental health needs, providing an intervention as the scope of practice allows, and referring to appropriate school counseling staff or community agencies as needed
- Promoting a healthy school environment and ensuring adherence to the wellness policy
- Acting as a community resource