October 15, 2015
This letter contains important information about the private school application process.
If your child is applying to private schools, teachers and administrators kindly ask that you read through this letter carefully since there are many steps involved in the application process. Please be aware of the important deadlines to submit your paperwork.
Attached are all the forms required along with a checklist to help keep track of all the various items you need to submit. Please return the checklist to the Main Office with your completed forms. If any of the items are missing, the entire packet will be returned to the student for completion.
Checklist link: (http://ma-andoverpublicschools.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/6710 )
Deadline for all documentation is November 24th 2015.
What West Middle School will do:
1. When grades close in December we will print and mail an official transcript to each private school.
Included in this packet will be the “Andover Middle School Profile” along with a letter that gives an overview of the Andover middle school curriculum and grading criteria.
Please note: The Main Office cannot submit the transcripts online. All transcripts will be mailed.
2. Teachers will write and submit recommendations with proper documentation submitted by the students. Completed recommendations are sent directly to the schools.
What the student and parent will do:
Each document needs to be printed out and completed. All documents can be found on the West Middle
School website under the “For Parents Tab” “Private School Information” at: www.aps1.net
1. “P ri vat e Schools I Am Applyi ng To” - Return form to the Main Office.
Please list all private schools to which the student is applying, and submit along with a stamped, addressed envelope for each school.
You are responsible for contacting each school to know their deadline for applications.
Form Link: (http://ma-andoverpublicschools.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/5230)
2. Transcript Release– *Parent signature is required.
Return the form to the Main Office with the $5 transcript fee for each school.
Cash or Checks made payable to: West Middle School (fees can be combined onto one check)
Form Link: (http://ma-andoverpublicschools.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/5232)
3. Teacher Recommendations:
“All About Me”
– Please have your child fill this form out and give directly to the Teachers. This will help teachers write the recommendation.
“The All About Me” form lists the instructions that your child needs to follow in order to request a recommendation from his or her teachers. Please make sure you read through all of the steps on the “All About Me” form with your child and make sure he or she understands what each step means. Students need to submit a copy of a completed “All About Me” form to each teacher as part of the recommendation process.
Form Link: (http://ma-andoverpublicschools.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/5228)
The deadline for requesting a recommendation from a teacher is November 24, 2015.
- For schools that require recommendations be submitted digitally, students must initiate the recommendation request through Gateway or the individual school. Teachers will only be able to complete the recommendation once they have received an email invitation from Gateway.
- For schools that require paper recommendations, please provide a copy of the recommendation form along with a stamped envelope addressed to the school. The return address should list West Middle School.
If you do not follow either of these steps, teachers will not be able to write your recommendation.
4. School Application Forms – The application forms from the schools to which your student is applying must be mailed directly to the school by the student.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Meg Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-623-8704. If you have questions about the teacher recommendation process, please contact your child’s teacher.