The Massachusetts Framework for Educator Evaluation
On June 28, 2011, the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education adopted new regulations for the evaluation of all Massachusetts educators. The regulations, which apply to both administrators and teachers throughout the state, are designed to:
- Promote growth and development amongst leaders and teachers;
- Place student learning at the center, using multiple measures of student learning, growth, and achievement;
- Recognize excellence in teaching and leading;
- Set a high bar for professional teaching status, and
- Shorten timelines for improvement.
Andover Public Schools will implement the new Educator Evaluation Systems during the 2013-2014 school year. For more information go to the DESE Educator Evaluation website