The Town of Andover Executive Safety Committee members represent the major Town Departments, such as the Department of Public Works, Plant & Facilities, Library Services, School Department, and Fire Department.
The functions of the Executive Safety Committee include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Discuss and formulate Safety Policies and make recommendations for adoption by the Town Manager / School Department.
- Review all employee accident investigation reports to determin whether responsible conditions for each accident have been determined and corrective action taken.
- Review in-house inspection reports and develop recommendations to the various departments.
- Provide and schedule training to town and school department employees.
- Keep minutes of all meetings and make them available for review to any Town Department employee.
- Provide a forum for comment or recommendation to each Town employee.
- Hold Committee meetings ten times per year.