Flu Vaccination Clinics
In preparation for the upcoming flu season – and an effort to reduce the incidence of flu in our community, Andover Public Schools is collaborating with the Andover Health Department to provide flu vaccine to all students in Grade 1 through Grade 12.
Your child must be currently enrolled in the school in order to receive vaccine
For students in elementary schools (Grade 1-5) ONLY flu mist will be offered.
If your child is in Elementary School - Grades 1-5 only
- Read the Flumist VIS
- Print the School Screening Form for Nasal Spray
- Print the Flu Insurance and Screening Form
- Complete and sign both forms and send to your child’s school nurse by the deadline
If your child is in Middle or High School
- Read the Flumist VIS and Flu shot VIS
- If your child wishes to receive the Flumist – print and complete this form AND the Flu Insurance and Screening Form
- If your child wishes to receive the injection – only print and sign the Flu Insurance and Screening Form
- Send the form(s) to your child’s school nurse by the deadline
• Complete and sign both forms and send to the school nurse by the designated deadline. Late forms will only be honored if adequate vaccine is available.
It is important that parents review the Vaccine Information Statements. Some students may not be eligible for vaccine based on medical history.
You are NOT required to submit payment for the vaccine. The Town of Andover will bill your insurance company directly. Lack of medical coverage will not prevent your child from receiving the vaccine.
If your child is unable to attend the flu clinic on the date that has been assigned for his/her school, the Town of Andover will be offering a community family flu clinic on
Thursday November 8th 4pm-7pm at the Senior Center for individuals 2yrs of age and older.
Questions may be directed to :
• Joanne Martel RN, Asst. Director Andover Health Department (978) 623-8640
• Rita Casper RN, Director of Nursing, (978) 247-7055
Flu Clinic Dates
|School||Date of Clinic||Deadline for forms to be submitted to Clinic|
|Doherty Middle||Wednesday, October 10||Friday, October 5|
|West Middle and Sanborn Elementary||Thursday, October 11||by 9am; Tuesday, October 9|
|Andover High School||Tuesday, October 16||Thursday, October 11|
|South Elementary||Wednesday, October 17||by 9am; Monday, October 15
|Wood Hill Middle and
High Plain Elementary
|Thursday,October 18||Monday, October 15|
|Bancroft Elementary||Tuesday, October 23||by 9am, Friday, October 19|
|West Elementary||Wednesday, October 24||Friday, October 19|
Flu Information Insurance / Consent Form
Flumist Information Statement
School Screening for Nasal Spray
Injection Vaccine Information Statement
The Flu Guide for Parents